.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


Listed on BlogShares

The Gross National Debt

Monday, September 19, 2005
A Call to Meetup for the 9/24 DC March!!

I took yesterday off from blogging. I was in nearly a full-day's Red Cross volunteer course. But NOW I am a certified Community Disaster Educator!! Whee!! Next step is Disaster Action Team training. Those will be longer courses and there are four of them, but I'm going to get them done so that I'm qualified to respond to single-family and mass disasters. So there you go.

That's not why I'm posting this here today, however. As many of you who blog progressively know, there is a BIG anti-Iraq war protest in Washington DC this weekend. The de-facto source for protest information seems to be found here - United for Peace. There is a blogger's contingent attending this. So far I am in contact with bloggers from Daily Kos, Booman Tribune, and ePluribus Media. We have an actual agenda starting on Friday, September 23rd.

Friday, September 23rd
Saturday, September 24th
Pre-Rally Breakfast
  • Holiday Inn Downton. 9am.
  • 1155 14th Street NW Washington, DC.
  • Nearest Metro Stop is McPherson Square.
Assemble for Rally and March
  • Washington Ellipse Visitor's Pavillion.
  • Click here for a map.
  • Assemble at 11am.
  • Look for an orange flag to find the blogger's group.
  • Nearest Metro stop is Federal Triangle.
The plan is to assemble at 11am; join the rally at 11:30am; start to march at 12:30pm.

A few notes that have come to my attention. First, you can check out the DC area's availability of bus and Metro but going to WMATA's website. All you need is your starting address and ending address and it will show you bus, rail, and bus & rail routes to get where you need to go.

People have asked about signage. Bartcop.com has suggested posters for download. Many users have suggested that you save the signage file you want to a disk and take it to Kinko's, who will print it in a variety of larger sizes. YOU CANNOT BRING POLES OR STAKES. These are no-no's in a protest as they can be used as weapons. The suggestion has been made that the best thing to which you can fasten a sign is a wrapping paper tube. My suggestion? Bring a backpack, your signage, some duct tape and some wrapping paper tubes and a Sharpie so you're ready to go.

See you there. I'm bringing the flag so I'll be easy to find.


posted by RenaRF at 4:26 PM 9 comments

9 Comments:

Blogger OTTMANN said...

A waste of time and money, but at least you boobs can watch yourselves on the tube, eh? Nobody else will.

And when the Iraqi people turn out in huge numbers for their elections, it will just prove you all, all the moore foolish, thus cementing your place in that long line of whiney losers who made no difference whatsoever.

Oh, and if the terrorists' kill more people you can blame youselves for it because you helped them do it by fueling their anger.

Pathetic, as in really!

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ottmann,

Given how frequently you post on the blogs of "boobs" like Renarf and the Martian Anthropologist, clearly *you're* paying attention to them. And if they're getting under your skin, then as far as I'm concerned: mission accomplished! (Not to co-op our President's marketing tagline.)

Renarf, I salute you!

Tim

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I was going to be there, I've yet to make it to D.C. for anything, and really wish that I could. Good luck, hope everything goes well!
~RB

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rena! I'm not sure I'll be able to do the Happy Hour thing on Friday, but I would love to meet up with you guys on Saturday morning.

Can't wait to meet up!

Luna

5:13 PM  
Blogger J. Ryan said...

I wish I could make it to DC. I'd love to blog from there.

Anyhow, GREAT BLOG you've got here. I just added you to my blogroll.

Posted by Bravo411
http://bravo411.blogspot.com

7:33 PM  
Blogger fc said...

the martian sent me... Good info and nice blog. I was wondering about my sign and how to display it. Thanks... I am disabled and will be in a wheel chair but I will be there. I have noted where you guys will be and will make an effort to find you folks. Regards - fc

http://fc-politics.blogspot.com/

http://neoalertz.blogspot.com/

1:10 AM  
Blogger Ang said...

I'll most likely make it to the SF March. Great post. And hope you dont' mind, but used this post to highlight you over at blogsbywomen.blogspot.com :)

10:25 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I've actually signed up to volunteer with United for Peace this weekend. Friday night there's a Volunteer Training meeting if anyone's interested. It's at the Communication Workers of America offices, 501 3rd St (between 3rd and E). 1 block from Judiciary Square Metro stop on the Red Line.

If you want to sign up there's a form on their website and they'll send you the info for this weekends activities.

9:21 AM  
Blogger love-up-you said...

Man kann eine ewige Phrase, Datum, Name oder Symbol, das eine thomas sabo online spezielle Gravur history.Silver Process.There hat gravieren gibt zwei Möglichkeiten, gravierten angebote thomas sabo silbernen Produkte zu beschaffen. Ob Sie ein Stück kaufen bereits anhänger kette eingraviert haben oder Graveur hinzufügen, dass besondere Nachricht oder den Namen einer Silber Element. Eine gravierte Silber kette thomas sabo Geschenk, sehr populär bei besonderen Anlässen wie Geburtstag gegeben, Taufen, Geburtstage ist absolut thomas sabo ohrschmuck schön und noch spezieller, da es individuell ist.

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home