.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


Listed on BlogShares

The Gross National Debt

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

I have a busy busy work day today and a formal function to attend this evening. Tomorrow's not much better. So rather than write some great tome (or not-so-great, depending on your point-of-view!) I would like to put the onus back on you, the reader, around a few areas.

  1. Where do you stand on the Miers nomination?
  2. When do you think there will be indictments in the Plame investigation?
  3. How high does the CIA leak scandal go?
  4. How long will it take (if ever) for Gulf area businesspeople to be included in the rebuilding?
  5. Do you have a representative and/or Senator running for re-election in 2006? If so, who are they, who is challenging (if known) and what are the polls saying?
I'll start:

  1. I think she's a wingnut and I think conservatives will be the one to take her down. I believe Gonzalez will be nominated when hers is withdrawn.
  2. I think by the end of this week or early next week.
  3. I think it goes all the way to the top but only second-tier people will be indicted.
  4. I think there will be much lip service and a few visible awards to Gulf area contractors, but patronage is just that - the big guys will retain the lion's share of the dollars.
  5. I do. George Allen (R - VA). No strong opposition yet and no strong polling information. I will oppose him.


posted by RenaRF at 9:04 AM 1 comments

1 Comments:

Blogger M A F said...

Alright, I'll give your questions a go.

On Miers, she will prove that cronyism doesn't pay. She is the faux candidate.

On indictments, I would be suprised. I have little doubt that the leak was not known by all in an administration that prides loyalty over all other traits.

As it pertains to the rebuilding the Gulf Coast, the local business will be hired on as subcontractors if they are lucky.

And at last check, the only people that having anything to lose in any near term elections are the labor unions (teachers, cops, firefighters, nurses) in California. But what else can one expect from a special election for special interests group.

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home