.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


Listed on BlogShares

The Gross National Debt

Monday, February 06, 2006

I have a confession. The main reason I signed up for the 'Rent My Blog" deal-io over at Blogexplosion was to increase traffic to my site. I'd say that about 20% of people who visit because I have rented blog space on someone else's blog wind up coming back - in short, it's a good investment for me for while I enjoy writing I enjoy it even more when people actuall read it.

An excellent side-benefit has happened, however. Because I rent from others, I also rent space on my blog - the renters have been so interesting and I have really found some sites that I like. Not all of my renters are political, either. Case in point: I have a new renter.

Please, pause in your busy day and look to your left and click the little box that will take you to Jalapeno Burns. I've spent a little time on the site. It's owned and maintained by Jesse Gersten, a bonafide comedian. Like - he works as a comedian and everything like that. And he is funny. I was automatically drawn to his site because his feature character is Q*Bert, a video game hero from the days where you would have to actually go to an arcade to play the game. Go figure. So do yourself a favor. Click it and spend some time on his site.



posted by RenaRF at 10:32 AM 2 comments

2 Comments:

Blogger Dervish Z Sanders said...

I've been reading your blog for awhile, although this is my first comment.... I took a look at Blogexplosion -- and I don't get it! Their FAQ tells you what a credit is (1 credit equals one visitor to your blog), but the FAQ doesn't say what the heck a credit is good for! Exactly HOW can blogexplosion generate traffic for my blog? Am I overlooking the page where this is explained? If so, could you please point me in the right direction? Thanks, and please check out my (Liberal) blog if you're so inclined.

4:40 PM  
Blogger RenaRF said...

Hi Dervish. Blogexplosion (and others) is a traffic exchange thingy. Essentially, you set up an account (free) and list whatever blogs you want associated with your acocunt (I have this one). You log in and then you "surf" member blogs. Every time you click and surf, you earn something like a half credit. For each full credit, someone else out there clicking will have your blog come up in their queue. I would say that about 15-20% of the traffic I get from Blogexplosion actually come back at some future point so as time passes, more people see it, and a percentage of those come back.

Does that make sense??

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home