.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


Listed on BlogShares

The Gross National Debt

Thursday, March 30, 2006

I have maintained this blog since August of 2005. To date, I think every single post I've done has been either purely political or related to some kind of serious current event (Iraq, Katrina, Darfur, Malawi etc.).

What many may not know, however, is that in addition to my day job, I am a musician (vocalist) AND an American Idol junkie. If you are an AI watcher, you know fully well that Season 5 is in full swing. I am throwing my loyalty into the ring early this year and will confess that, since the audition, I have been a Taylor Hicks fan. I expect him to go all the way and vote for him each week (I told you I was a junkie).

Now, with that disclosure aside, I happened across this blog: Gray Charles. For the uninitiated, Taylor Hicks is a soulful, bluesy 29-year old white boy from Alabama who sounds like he's channelling the soul and heart of Ray Charles. He's indescribably good. He also has a full head of hair that was once dark but has now gone wonderfully gray - hence my delight with the smart person who conceived of and maintains Gray Charles.

ANYHOO. Gray Charles has a post up about an auction for charity going on over at Ebay. You can find the auction itself HERE and the post that explains it HERE It sounds like a great cause - check it out!!



posted by RenaRF at 11:30 AM 2 comments

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

American Idol

3:30 PM  
Blogger Chancelucky said...

Wow, I thought I was the only blogger strange enough to cross between American Idol writeups and politics.

I'm glad I found your site and I'll try to follow it.

Chancelucky: American Idol (review) Down to 9 the Annex

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home