Saturday, January 07, 2006
I've been tagged by Moondancer
!!! I have to share five little known facts about myself and
I have to tag five others. My five will be lefty
, Miz BoheMiaM
, and NYBri
Ok. Here are my five things:
- I can trace my American lineage all the way back to the Mayflower. My grandmother was desperate for me to become a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution but I suspect they aren't ready for me yet. The other half of my lineage goes directly to central Mexico and I don't speak a word of Spanish.
- I am a trained classical vocalist who didn't pursue a career in music due to extreme and paralyzing stage fright. I still suffer from it and therefore can't speak (presenting is a part of my job) in front of large groups. Oddly, however, I sing in a band and while the nerves twang, I settle down and get through it.
- I would have liked a political appointment under an Al Gore presidency and I actually had a shot at getting one (nothing fancy - one of the more obscure, lower on the totem pole types of appointments but an appointment nonetheless).
- For three years I wore unrelieved black and played the part of Janet in a running weekend midnight product of The Rocky Horror Picture Show - you know the kind - where random crowd people act out the parts while the movie plays.
- I have had chicken pox four times. I have no immunity. If I get it again, now that I am in my thirties, it could be very dangerous.
And no, I didn't include the fact that I'm a shoe-addict because everyone already knows that!!
posted by RenaRF at 4:24 PM