.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


Listed on BlogShares

The Gross National Debt

Tuesday, September 06, 2005
The 2005 Marie Antoinette Awards

From today's Chicago Tribune:

Former First Lady Barbara Bush, who toured the Astrodome and met hurricane evacuees Monday in Houston, may have tried to put too cheerful a spin on what has occurred in the last week.

"Almost everyone I have talked to says, `We're going to move to Houston,'" she said in remarks to National Public Radio's "Marketplace."

"What I'm hearing is they all want to stay in Texas," she said. "Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this, this is working very well for them."

You almost... almost feel badly for old W. Here he is, overseeing the worsening of the largest preventable loss of American lives (ok ok - I know he oversaw others) and then Moms pops off with that gem. The only good news in it for W is that now he is competing for the 2005 Marie Antoinette award - with his mom.
That apple certainly didn't fall far from the self-absorbtion tree.


posted by RenaRF at 11:32 AM 5 comments

5 Comments:

Blogger Glyn (Zaphod) Evans said...

I had to find an actual source for this, but I will have it posted son as well. I think those comments are disgusting.

BTW, thanks for the link :)

4:52 PM  
Blogger Glyn (Zaphod) Evans said...

D'oh. Just saw your link to the Chicago tribune... I saw this elsewhere as well, but with no link... Pardon me ;)

5:05 PM  
Blogger RenaRF said...

Absolutely no problem. I had actually heard it on CNN and then went out to Google News to locate a reference so I could steak it and put it on my blog. ;-)

5:28 PM  
Blogger C R Mountjoy - GDF said...

Where were any of your readers during the reign of Ex President Busy Pants. Just wondering!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I'm digging this site.

When a president takes over 330 vacation days in five years some things are bound to catch up with ya.

Thanks for linking to me.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home